Translate

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The recently departed

I read where someone actually lost their faith in God because their father died at age 59, and they thought that was too young....

I will say this:

There was once a man, let's say at age 59, that actually died of a heart attack.  A heart attack being a much faster and better way to go than many.  He was brought back via the paddles and everyone shouted, "Praise God!"  Twenty years later, he died a very long and lingering death in a nursing home.

He asked God at the Day of Judgment, "God, I was a firm believer, and yet, you took my wife, my pension, my health.  I had to take medicine for the rest of my life and eat horrible food after that heart attack.  I died a lonely man, a vegetable in a nursing home with mean nurses.  Why did you let that happen to me?"

God said, "I tried to save you from all of that, but you refused to stay."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oh! Thank you for commenting!